Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bloody Noses and Mother's Day



Well, Oakes was in his first fight. With a TV cart. And I'm pretty sure the TV cart won this one. Needless to say, he put up a good fight and our little Oakes was back at his furniture surfing the next day.


On a happier note, I had my first official Mother's Day! Last year, we went to Early Girl downtown with Jay and Kelly and Evan and I bought a stroller for Oakes for our Mother's Day gift. So this year I wanted to do brunch downtown again and was hoping for a good day with my boys. We ended up at Laughing Seed and then went to Lowe's to buy some flowers for me to plant. It was truly a perfect Mother's Day! And we even had a visit from Krystle and Debbie!

Next on Oakes' list of tricks? Well, let's say that his sleeping habits have improved tremendously. He still likes to stand and drop his paci on the floor then cry until we rescue him, but overall, it's really not bad. Last night was terrible though, and with all of the hand-eating he's been doing and the tooth buds coming in on his lower gums, we're really really really hoping the bad night was due to teething. I guess we'll see... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment